Armed robber Jesse Nikolovski’s golden rule after Wickham murder

Armed robber Jesse Nikolovski’s golden rule after Wickham murder

Armed robber Jesse Nikolovski’s golden rule after Wickham murder Jesse Nikolovski committed four armed robberies after being present during Robbie Parry’s home invasion murder.

Inset: Daniel Petryk and police investigate the murder at Wickham in March, 2015.

MISSED: Police investigate the death of Robbie Parry, inset, at Wickham in March.

TRIAL: Main; Robert Parry (right) with his late father, Alan Parry. Left; Jesse Nikolovski was acquitted of murder, but pleaded guilty to armed robbery over the home invasion at Wickham. Right; Robert Parry’s sisters, Susie and Lynda Parry, after Daniel Petryk was found guilty of murder in September.

TweetFacebook Jesse Nikolovski committed four armed robberies after being present during Robbie Parry’s home invasion murder. GUNMAN’S GAMBLE ENDS IN MURDER

NO more guns.

That was the self-imposed rule Jesse Nikolovski introduced after he watched Daniel Petryk shoot Robbie Parry dead during a botched home invasion at Wickham on March 7, 2015.

But that didn’t mean Nikolovski, then 21, of Mayfield, was done committing armed robberies.

In fact, while Petryk was heading north to lie low in Queensland, Nikolovski was putting together a crew of armed thieves intent on holding up Sydney pubs and clubs.

And rather than keep a low profile, six weeks after Mr Parry was shot dead in the lounge room of his Dickson Street home, Nikolovski was waiting outside the Royal Hotel at Leichardt for the last few staff members to leave for the night.

That was Nikolovski’s MO. His crew would always carry knives, machetes, baseball bats or metal poles.

They would always be waiting at the back door when unsuspecting staff members left for the night.

And they would always force them back inside with threats of violence unless the safe was opened and cash was handed over.

“Give us everything,” Nikolovski told one victim during an armed robbery at the Red Lion Hotel at Rozelle.

“They’re insured, your life isn’t.”

Nikolovski and his tight-knit crew–who spoke in code and pig Latin when organising what pubs to hit–would commit four armed robberies in five weeks, bashing one staff member senseless at the Belfield Bowling Club and netting more than $45,000 in total.

“We will cut your head off,” one of the armed offenders said to a staff memberhe was holdingcaptive while Nikolovski stole the cash float.

And Nikolovski, who burnt through the cash on drugs and poker machines, didn’t stop until heavily-armed police interrupted him about to hold-up the Victoria Hotel at Annandale during the early hours of June 17.

But somehow he managed to slip the net and escape on foot before being arrested the next morning.

Nikolovski’s crimes in the aftermath of Mr Parry’s murder can be revealed after he pleadedguilty to three counts of armed robbery and one count of conspiracy to commit armed robbery and was jailed for a maximum of eight years and six months, with a non-parole period of five years and six months in Campbelltown District Court earlier this month.

He was in custody at Cessnock Correctional Centre on the armed robbery charges in November, 2015, when detectives investigating Mr Parry’s murder brought him into Newcastle police station for questioning.He didn’t say a word to police and languished in jail for two years before he and Petryk, who was also in custody on other matters when he was charged with Mr Parry’s murder, faced the start of a trial in Newcastle Supreme Court in September.

The prosecution case was that Petryk pulled the trigger and robbed Mr Parry, while Nikolovski was with him and willing to provide assistance.

It was an often-dramatic five-week trial.

One witness failed to show up to give evidence and had to be arrested on a warrant and brought to court.

Another witness, key to the prosecution case, pleaded guilty to providing the murder weapon and was given a deal on the understanding he testify against the pair.

But he looked like he’d almost rather be in jail than on the witness stand as Nikolovski and Petryk took notes, smirked and whispered to each other in the court dock.

But the most crucial witness was the woman who said she was with Petryk and Nikolovski on the night of the shooting.

The witness, who cannot be identified, told the jury she was armed with an axe when she snuck into the home behind Petryk and watched as he pulled the trigger.

She said Mr Parry, a small-time cannabis dealer and well-known Wickham identity who was deaf in one ear and left his front door unlocked,fell to the ground.

“I think I recall him telling us to f— off out of his house,” the woman said.

“Daniel let the gun off.

“[The man] dropped to the ground.”

She was given immunity from prosecution for testifying against the pair, but her evidence wholly exonerated Nikolovski on the murder charge with Justice Helen Wilson directing the jury to find him not guilty at the close of the prosecution case.

Nikolovski later pleaded guilty to armed robbery in relation to the theft of about $50 worth of cannabis from Mr Parry.

He will be sentenced in Newcastle Supreme Court in February and that jail term should begin after the armed robbery term he received this month expires in December, 2020.

Petryk had always maintained he wasn’t in Wickham on the night of Mr Parry’s murder.

But after watching Crown prosecutor Lee Carr run his case, hearing the evidence and seeing Nikolovski get acquitted and disappear from the court dock, the 25-year-old from Windale wanted to”change his version of events”, Justice Wilson said, a development that ultimately led to his legal counsel withdrawing from the matter.

After a week of wasted court time Petryk decided not to run a defence case.

After deliberating for nine hours, the jury found him guilty of murder.He faces the prospect of life in jail when sentenced in February.